Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mr. Gaskins Goes to Washington


To my Giant Eagle family, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, friends and associates,

After 7 wonderful years in Pittsburgh, I have accepted a new opportunity that will take me back to Washington, DC. This is truly bittersweet. I am a better man for the time I spent here working for such a great company, and with so many great people. Now I must look forward to the next stage in my progression, and strive for continued excellence. I want to personally thank Laura for the incredible words. I am overwhelmed with emotions. Giant Eagle created a world of opportunity for me, and I am forever grateful for everything this great company has done for me.

For those of you that know me, you know how difficult this decision obviously is/was. Giant Eagle is a fantastic company, and our operating regions are full of great cities. I am reluctantly leaving, but looking forward with great anticipation to the next chapter in my life. I cherish the time I spent cultivating strong bonds with each and every one of you, and will leave a large part of my heart in Pittsburgh.

I wanted to send along a note with my updated contact information (see below) with the hopes that you will continue to stay in contact as I embark on this new chapter in my life. I am moving, but not going away. And you never know, I could always come back if opportunity presents itself! I love all of you, Giant Eagle, and Pittsburgh. I wish you nothing but greater success and prosperity in the future.

Respectfully,

Derek Gaskins
Vice President of Marketing
NACS - The Association for Convenience & Petroleum Retailing
1600 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
+1.703.518.4236 direct line
+1.412.889.0045 mobile
dgaskins@nacsonline.com
www.nacsonline.com
derek@glamourlife.com - personal email

"Go Confidently in the Direction of your Dreams. Live the life you've Imagined. - Thoreau
________________________________________
From: Jenkins, Kerrie On Behalf Of Karet, Laura
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 12:19 PM
To: PDL_RIDC_Campus; PDL_StoreOperations; PDL_American_Seaway_Foods; PDL_Crafton; PDL_ButlerMeats; PDL_Chestnut_Ridge_Beverage; PDL_RiserFoods; PDL_Tamarkin
Subject: Personnel Announcement - Derek Gaskins

Giant Eagle, Inc.

Interoffice Memorandum

To: All Giant Eagle Team Members
From: Laura Karet, Chief Strategy Officer and President of New Ventures and Formats

Date: April 10, 2009
Re: Derek Gaskins

It with mixed emotions that I announce Derek Gaskins' resignation from Giant Eagle. Derek will be leaving to pursue an opportunity as the new VP of Marketing for the National Association of Convenience Stores(NACS). His last day will be next Friday, April 17th.

Derek started his career here at Giant Eagle in July 2002 as Marketing Manager for Non-Foods. He excelled and transitioned to his current role as Marketing Director for Convenience and Fuel. He helped grow the marketing of the GetGo business from a small format of 20 stores to its current business of 150+ locations. Derek has been instrumental in branding for the banner, fuelperks!, and foodperks!. For the last 7 years Derek has also helped launch several other new business including Giant Eagle Express, Market District Coffee, and Giant Eagle Optical. His vision and creativity will be surely missed!

A transition plan for Derek's team and his responsibilities will be announced very shortly

Please join me in celebration of Derek's time with us and wish him success in his future at a farewell gathering Friday, April 17th in the cafe from 9:00 to 10:30.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: