Monday, June 9, 2008

Our Krazy Weekend in the Hospital

Life is too precious for words.  After a long week traveling to Phoenix, Chicago, and NYC on business, I returned on Saturday and had a true family ordeal.  My lil man, Godot, or as we call him, Doey, broke his arm playing at the neighbors house on their monkey bars.  I was about to fire up the grill when I heard him scream like I never have before.  His poor little arm was gruesomely bent and we immediately knew we had to rush him to the hospital.
 
Below are some photos from the ordeal.  The Doctor managed to reset the Radial bone, the larger of the two in his forearm, but the smaller bone required SURGERY!  We were shocked that a broken arm would require that.  Needless to say, we were SHOOK.
 
The little guy was the picture of courage.  He was far braver than I would have been.  He went into surgery Sunday morning and was in a sleepy state when he emerged later with a blue cast up to his shoulder.  He is a lefty, so his pitching arm should heal stronger than ever.  We prayed hard, and are glad our prayers were answered.  What a loooong weekend spent worrying ourselves to death couped up in a small hotel room.  I am worn out, but ecstatic that my little guy is back in action.  As I said earlier, Life is too precious!!!

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Marketing Superhero said...

Had to add a clarification. I meant to say we were couped up in the HOSPITAL room, not HOTEL room. We are such a service loving family that we always think we are in hotels when we stay away from home.