Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lakers vs Cavaliers

I must admit, I am becoming a pretty big Cavs fan. Lebron and gang have been the real deal for the past few years. Today, I had the privilege of seeing him go head to head with Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.

I am not a Kobe hater, but I do not feel he is the heir apparent to MJ. Kobe has always struck me as a selfish player that did not appreciate his teammates. Lebron is a stark contrast however. He is more Magic than MJ, but eventually he may be in his own category given his well rounded game. As much potential as he has, he is also frustrating. He seems to lack a killer instinct. Something that even a staunch Kobe hater would have to admit that Kobe possesses in abundance.

Today's game was a true showdown. Neither Lebron nor Kobe performed up to expectations, but on this day, Kobe's supporting cast seemed to mirror his intensity and Lebron's seemed to shrink on the largest of stages with all the world watching. Terrible performance and showing for first home loss of season. We have a lot of season yet, but the boys in Cleveland need to step their games up if they hope to get past the Celtics and defeat either the Spurs or Lakers for the franchises first NBA title. It will all start and end with Lebron, and he must play better than he did today.


Sent from my Blackberry Storm

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: